Hadassah Specialist Removes Pacifier Lodged in Baby’s Throat


This life-saving story will give you chills. While babysitting baby Hillel, the caregiver suddenly noticed that his pacifier was missing. Eighteen month old Hillel was not breathing properly and to the caregiver’s shock, she discovered that he has swallowed the pacifier and it was lodged deep in his throat!

Dr. Itai Gross, a Pediatrician at Hadassah Hospital, was unable to dislodge the pacifier and needed to put Hillel on a ventilator to help him breath. Hillel was anesthetized and taken straight into surgery. A team of specialists, including, Dr. Menachem Gross, Director of the Pediatric Ear, Nose, and Throat Department together with Dr. Nir Hirshoren, Head and Neck Surgery Specialist worked carefully as they carried out this difficult operation.

The medical team saved baby Hillel’s life! Click here to read the full story.

Can't Find What You're Looking For?